This machine used a single roller chain with a pitch of 12.7mm (.05 inches) and hollow pins. It was 4 meters (over 13 feet) long.
The guide chains needed to be lubricated weekly, with a full spray can of lubricant being used every week.
The product as a result was unsuitable. There was a lot of evaporation of lubricant after every application. The rollers of the guide continued to vibrate and stick anyway. The client was spending about $70 per month on lubricant, plus labor and replacement parts.
- Dust (flour, powder, sugar)
- Temperature (hot and cold)
- Corrosion due to acidity
- Cleaning fluids
Interflon Lube HT
- Lubricant is far more durable and effective
- Lubrication frequency cut by 80%
- Less wasted time, higher-quality product
- Lower levels of employee frustration
- Lubrication frequency reduced from 50+ times per year to 10 times per year
- Savings of over $1,000 per year in labor costs
- Savings of over $600 per year in lubricant costs
- All chains now work smoothly, without sticking and vibration