- High chain wear
- High replacement costs
The average lifetime of a chain in this facility was no more than two years. Each chain cost about $1,000.00 to replace, and there were 15 men tasked with carrying out these replacements on a rolling basis.
Total cost: nearly $100,000.00 per year.
- Fluctuating temperatures
- High humidity
- Water spray
Solution: Interflon Food Lube AL
- Chain life was doubled, to four years.
- Cost savings: about $40,000 per year.
- Great reduction in pollution
- Strong reduction in friction and wear
- Suitable for food-safe environment
- Food-safe lubricant (NSF H1)
- 100%-150% longer chain life
- Less elongation
- Reduction in labor hours